Complete the Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding for 2020 today!
Visit www.SchoolLunchApp.com to apply.
The 2020-2021 school year is underway and we need your help. We need every family to complete the Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding, regardless of income and/or free and reduced priced lunch status.
What is the Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding?
The Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding collects basic information about your student so AUSD can qualify to receive additional money and programs.
Why does every family need to complete the Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding?
It is important for EVERY family to fill out this form because doing so helps bring much needed additional money and services to your student's school and to AUSD.
AUSD receives funding from the state and federal governments to support the needs of low-income students. For each student who qualifies for free or reduced-price meals, AUSD receives thousands of additional dollars in funding. Even a small increase in eligible forms collected results in significantly more money to support our schools and students.
What if my student doesn't eat school lunch?
Filling out the form is very important. It ensures that your school gets all of the funding and benefits available to support teachers and students. Even if your student does not eat school lunch, students who qualify for free lunch also can receive other benefits like:
- Discounts for your family on utilities
- Reduced priced or free internet service
- Reduced fees for SAT and ACT tests and college applications
Where can I pick up a paper Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding?
You may already have the yellow form from your student’s back to school packet. If not, pick up a paper application from your student’s school, 12 school feeding sites, the District Office, or the Nutrition Services Office. Return completed forms to the same locations.
Antioch Unified School District is pleased to announce the availability of applying for Free and Reduced Price Meals online! The process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere! Read How to Apply for detailed information on completing the meal application.
- A new Application for Free/Reduced-Price Meals and School Funding form must be submitted every school year. Or, if you have received an email/letter that your student is Directly Certified for free or reduced-price meals for the 20/21 school year, you do not have to complete a new meal application. Visit www.schoollunchstatus.com to view your student's current meal eligibility status.
- Per the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines, if your student qualifies for free or reduced-price meals for the Previous School Year, their current meal eligibility status will only carry over for the first 30 operating days into the New School Year. As per USDA regulations, if your child qualifies for lesser level meal benefits (from free status to reduced-price status or reduced-price/free status to paid status); these changes will take effect 10 days from the date of application approval. If your child qualifies for higher level meal benefits (from paid/reduced-price status to free status or paid status to reduced-price status), these changes will take effect immediately upon application approval.
- To determine if your student(s) will qualify based on your household income check the California Department of Education Income Levels for the 2020-2021 school year.
How To Apply
For instructions on how to apply, you can click here.
Printing Application Results Letter
An email was sent to you if your child qualifies for free or reduced-price school meals. To view or print a copy of the letter, visit www.schoollunchstatus.com. If you did not receive a letter and you believe your student qualifies for meal benefits, apply online at www.schoollunchapp.com. A new application must be completed annually.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing the application, please contact the Nutrition Services Office at (925) 779-7600, option 2.
CalFresh Food helps people from low-income families buy the nutritious food they need for good health. Recipients can buy food at any grocery store or farmers market that accepts Electronic Benefit Transfer. For more information, click here.
SELECT: GetCalFresh.org is an on-line CalFresh application tool that takes 10 minutes to complete. It is available in English, Spanish and Cantonese.
CALL: Call the CalFresh Info Line (877)-847-3663 to get connected to your county. The Info Line is available in English, Spanish, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Russian. For speech or hearing assistance call 711 Relay.
COME IN: Use the interactive locator map to find a county office nearest you.
If you have any questions regarding CalFresh Food, please contact by phone (877) 847-3663 or on the website at CalFreshFood.org.
Earned Income Tax Credit
Based on your annual earnings, you may be eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit from the Federal Government (Federal EITC). The Federal EITC is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The Federal EITC has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most cases, Federal EITC payments will not be used to determine eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, food stamps, low-income housing, or most Temporary Assistance For Needy Families payments. Even if you do not owe federal taxes, you must file a federal tax return to receive the Federal EITC. Be sure to fill out the Federal EITC form in the Federal Income Tax Return Booklet. For information regarding your eligibility to receive the Federal EITC, including information on how to obtain the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Notice 797 or any other necessary forms and instructions, contact the IRS by calling 1-800-829-3676 or through its website at www.irs.gov.
You may also be eligible to receive the California Earned Income Tax Credit (California EITC) starting with the calendar year 2015 tax year. The California EITC is a refundable state income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The California EITC is treated in the same manner as the Federal EITC and generally will not be used to determine eligibility for welfare benefits under California law. To claim the California EITC, even if you do not owe California taxes, you must file a California income tax return and complete and attach the California EITC Form (FTB 3514). For information on the availability of the credit eligibility requirements and how to obtain the necessary California forms and get help filing, contact the Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711 or through its website at www.ftb.ca.gov.