Daily Student Bulletin
Date February 8, 2022
- You can find the link for DVTV here: http://www.antiochschools.net/dvtv
- Students are not allowed to use Grubhub, DoorDash or any other food delivery services here at DVHS. Remember lunch is free to all students so take advantage of that. Feel free to bring your own lunch too.
- Please remember to dispose of your face masks in the nearest trash can, not on the ground. Let’s work together to keep our campus clean and not harm the environment!
- Deer Valley High School Food Bank is on Friday, February 4 & 18 from 2:30-3:30pm. Enter from Sagebrush, turn in at first set of portables (look for signs) We have canned goods and misc. non-perishable items. No proof of residency required
- Remember that 3rd Quarter Report Grades determine your eligibility for Junior Prom and Senior Ball. Deer Valley High School students must have a GPA of at least a 2.0 on their 3rd Quarter Report Card with no more than one “F” to purchase a ticket. Keep studying and working hard in all your classes
- AUSD is now offering an online Driver’s Education Course! The AUSD drivers education course is a free online course for AUSD students. The course is 30 hours and students will receive a certificate of completion that can be used to take the written test for the learners permit at DMV. Visit https://www.antiochdriversed.com/
- Wolverine Wednesday is back today from 3:20 – 4:00 in front of the Leadership Room! We have over 12 clubs and organizations who will be selling food/beverages, so stop on by!
- BVAL Basketball Tournament starts this Wednesday! Boys will play at home at 6pm and Girls will play at Liberty at 6pm. Be sure to show up with the Teal and Black pride!!
- Valentine’s Day is almost here, and Leadership will be selling Valentine Grams at lunch next week from Monday – Wednesday. They range from $1, $3, and $5 and will be delivered next Friday. Stop by our table during lunch to purchase some!
- Wolverines: DV DANCE CO performs at DV sporting events, rally's and dance productions. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, please plan on attending on the 2-day audition clinic on March 29-30 and the auditions on March 31st. You will need to pick up and audition packet in room 570 with Ms. Avery or from Ms. Avery's DV teacher page.
- The Deer Valley High School AP and Elective Fair will be held on Wednesday, February 16, 2022, from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in the North Gym. This is an opportunity for students to learn about the various AP and Elective Courses offered at Deer Valley High School for the 2022-2023 school year. Due to COVID-19, this event is for students only.
- Are you interested in joining DV’s Leadership Program next year? Come be a part of this amazing group of students who plan all of our school’s activities, including Spirit Weeks, Homecoming, Dances, and more! See Mr. Orosco in Room 541 for an application to join, applications are due February 18th!
- Senior Ball is fast approaching! Tickets are not on sale just yet, but we have our date and venue reserved. Senior Ball will be on Friday, May 27th at the Benicia Clock Tower, so save the date and look out for more information in the future!
- 2022 Seniors, Each year Deer Valley High School verifies the legal spelling of all of our seniors names in order to make sure their name appears correctly on their diploma. We have hung lists in the East & West Cafeteria as well as each house office, the career center and the main office. Please make sure to check that your name is spelled correctly, if it is not go to the main office and see Ms. Tory. The lists will remain posted until Feb 11 2022 and the diplomas will be ordered shortly thereafter. Once the diplomas have been ordered no changes to names can be made so it is of the utmost importance that you check those lists.
- Seniors! It’s time to apply for your State Seal of Biliteracy! Click the link below to fill out the application for any language you know or can pass an AP test in. You can also come to room 408 or message Mr. Pease directly on Teams. One application for each language. Deadline is March 4. https://www.antiochschools.net/Page/15630
- Junior Prom is fast approaching! Tickets are not on sale just yet, but we have our date reserved. Junior Prom will be on Saturday, April 9th here at DV, so save the date and look out for more information in the future!
- Boys Volleyball will start their try-outs, Monday, Feb 14 at 3:30. Stop by the gym this week for open practice.
- Any girls interested in trying out for the 2022 softball program need to come see Coach Tillson if they have not signed up yet. Tryouts will start Monday, February 7th after school. Remember that you must be registered on Athleticclearance.com and have a 2.0 GPA to tryout. Questions.... come see Coach Tillson in the Girls' PE office.
- Swim & Dive is having their first meeting on Monday Feb 7 @ 6 PM at the pool
- Spring sports of Softball, Baseball, Track & Field, Boys Tennis, Competitive Cheer, Swim & Dive, Boys Volleyball and Boys Golf start on February 7, 2022. You must have a physical, be dated after July 1, 2021, and register on athleticclearance.com. All coaches' emails are on the school website.
- All athletic events are limited seating capacity. Tickets can be purchased on gofan.co or the GoFanHS App.
- Wolverines Boys Tennis is gearing up for conditioning and open court starting January 10th. Meet at the Tennis courts at 3:15 if you have already signed up with Athletic clearance and completed your physical. Interested in joining the team? Great! Sign up with athletic clearance.com and get a physical. The season starts in March so even if you have never played you still have time to learn the game and get in better shape. We have extra racquets if you need to use one. Questions? See Coach Moats in rm 207.
- Track and Field pre-season conditioning has started! The team will work out 5 days a week starting at 3:30 and finishing at 5:00. Be sure to have your physical uploaded to athleticclearance.com before attending any workouts. The season officially starts on February 1. Track is a great sport for all abilities. We need throwers, jumpers, sprinters and distance runners. If you play basketball or girls volleyball, we can help you jump higher. If you play soccer or football, we can help you run faster. Interested in the Senior Athlete of the year award and it’s big scholarship? The last four Male and Female award winners have been multi-sport athletes coached by Mr. Green. Come join us!
College and Career Center News
- Cash For College: Office Hours – Seniors! Financial aid applications are right around the corner. Make sure you submit FAFSA or California Dream Act before March 2nd. Mr. Bryan will be hosting Financial aid office hours in the college & career center every Tuesday & Thursday starting February 3rd. Come on by during lunch or after school to get those application done.
- Early Academic Outreach Program (EAOP): Virtual Presentation – The EAOP program is dedicated to supporting students from underrepresented backgrounds in their college goals. We’re recruiting students from all grade levels. If you’re interested in leaning more about our program join us Monday February 7th for a virtual EAOP presentation. This event will take place after school from 5:30 to 6:30pm. Attendees will be entered into a raffle prize! More information on the attached flyer! Contact Mr. Bryan for questions at email@example.com
- Junior Achievement of Northern California, working in partnership with John Muir Health, are pleased to announce the upcoming JA John Muir Virtual Spring 2022 Internship. This internship opportunity will offer students career exploration, workshops, guest speakers, workforce readiness, networking, an internship project and much more.
- High School Senior - Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Part of your school iQuest program or Health/Bio-Med/Bio-Tech/Bio-Engineering Academy
- Attend one of the following schools: Antioch High School, California High School, College Park High School, Deer Valley High School, Dozier-Libbey Medical High School, Heritage High School, Horizons/Prospect High School, Liberty High School, Mt. Diablo High School, Pittsburg High School, San Ramon Valley High School or Ygnacio Valley High School.
Virtual Internship Dates:
The 7-week school-year internship program: March 16, 2021 – April 28, 2021 (details in the flyer)
Apply Here: https://forms.gle/kt7gamJ8MjqNzZCt8
- Los Medanos College Workshops – For seniors who are interested in attending LMC or even if it’s your backup plan join us for application workshops. For dates please go to the College and Career Center Calendar. https://www.antiochschools.net/Page/13575#calendar35870/20220201/month
- ASVAB Testing
- Why take the ASVAB?
- If you are interested in any branch of the military you want to be taking this test, start in Junior Year, if room Sophomores are invited as well
- NOT interested in the Military – this is an awesome test for career exploratory and it’s FREE!
- ASVAB Dates
- Tuesday, February 15th at 8:00am
- Tuesday, April 26th at 8:00am
- To sign up for either test you can sign up in the College and Career Center or online on the online calendar listed above.
- SENIORS, ARE YOU COLLEGE BOUND?
- If so please monitor the College and Career Center Scholarship Page, new scholarships are being posted, and several are coming due.
- Also, make sure you are on the College and Career Center Senior remind to get updates on all things College for the class of 2022!
- Why take the ASVAB?