AUSD Attendance Goals
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my child is absent?
- Call the attendance office to report the absence.
- Make sure the student has written documentation about their absence signed by a guardian upon return to school.
- If make up work is allowed, make arrangements with your child's teacher, and complete work within the teacher's designated time frame.
What should I do if my child will be out 5 consecutive days?
- Meet with a school administrator to determine if independent study is an option for the student.
- If it is an option, a contract will be completed to ensure the school receives funding for the student's attendance in an alternate setting.
How can I help with student attendance?
- Plan vacations during holidays and time off.
- Schedule medical and dental appointments at the end of the school day.
- Try and pack backpacks and lay out clothes the night before.
- Make sure they go to school everyday unless they are ill.
- Take an interest in your child's school work.
- If your child starts to miss school, speak with the school.
- If your child is ill, contact the school and explain the reason for the absence.