Resource Family Advisory Classes
Classes are starting Sept 2019 on the first Wednesday of every month from 6:00pm-7:30pm at the Lone Tree Elementary School Library.
Foster Youth Education
- Right to remain in your original school.
- Right to immediate enrollment in school.
- Right to partial credits for high school if you change schools.
- Graduation Rights.
- Right to stay in High School a 5th year to complete graduation requirements even if you are over 18.
- College rights.
- Right to have the application fee waived when you apply to community college in California, or a four year college through your school counselor.
- Right to maximum amount of student aid.
- School Discipline rights.
- You cannot be suspended for more than 5 consecutive school days or for more than 20 days.
- Right to your school records.
- Can access your school records if you are 16 or older and have finished the 10th grade.
Students are guaranteed enrollment in school by the federal McKinney Vento Act and California State Law if they live:
- In a shelter (family, domestic violence, youth shelter or transitional living program).
- In a motel, hotel or weekly rate housing.
- In a house or apartment with more than one family because of economic hardship or loss.
- In an abandoned building, a car, at a campground or on the street.
- With friends or family because you are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth.
- In substandard housing (without electricity, water or heat).