Degrees and Certifications:
GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS! WELCOME TO DALLAS RANCH MIDDLE SCHOOL HOME OF THE AVIATORS!
Live Life Active! YES! Let's GO! WE R3 @ DRMS! Ready to LEARN! RESPECTFUL! RESPONSIBILITY!
How does math and science impact your life everyday? Let us explore!
I am excited to be back in the classroom! This year is going to be great! I am staying positive and ready to teach and I expect that all my students are ready to learn!
QUARTER 1 SYLLABUS: Math Science and Core Enrichment
925-779-7485 Ex 24604
Room 604 Grade 6 Math/Science/Core Enrichment
GRADE 6 MATH: QUARTER ONE SYLLABUS
Chapter 1: Rates and Ratios
- Lesson 1 – Factors and Multiples
- Lesson 2 – Ratios
- Lesson 3 – Rates
- Lesson 4 – Ratio Tables
- Lesson 5 – Graph Ratio Tables
- Lesson 6 – Equivalent Ratios
- Lesson 7 – Ratio and Rate Problems
Chapter 2: Fractions, Decimals and Percent
- Lesson 7 – Percent of a Number
MATH GRADING: Weighted 70% Lesson Quizzes 30% Classwork
- Math Notes = 10 points per lesson
- Guided Practice = 10 points
- Independent Practice = 10 points
- Extra Practice (Quiz Prep) = 10 points
- Lesson Quiz = 2 points per question: 1 point for correct answers and 1 point for showing your work (method, steps, process)
- GOAL: Pass Each Lesson with 85% or better by the end of the quarter.
GRADE 6 SCIENCE: QUARTER ONE SYLLABUS
- STEM CHALLENGE #1: House of Cards
ELEVATE SCIENCE SEGMENT 1
- Topic 1: Living Things in the Biosphere
- Topic 2: The Cell System
- Topic 3: Human Body Systems
SCIENCE GRADING: Weighted 60% STEM Challenges and Tests 40% Classwork and Labs
- Stem Challenges = 50 points
- Interactive Notebook Pages = 5 points per page
- Lesson Check = 5 points
- Labs = 20 points
- Topic Tests = 2 points per Question
GRADE 6 CORE ENRICHMENT:
QUARTERS 1-4 COURSE SYLLABUS
- CTE: College and Career & Financial Literacy
- AVID Strategies
- Research Projects, Reports and Presentations
- IReady Practice: Math and Reading
Grading: Core Enrichment is an elective class for 6th Grade and it is a PASS or FAIL course. Students will earn a grade “P” for pass if all work is completed, turned in and done with the best effort and quality at 70% or better. Students who are earning below 70% are in danger of failing and will have until the week before end of each quarter to complete missing or incomplete assignments.
- Classwork: There will be no assigned homework unless a student is absent or needs more time to finish it at home. Students will be given time in class to complete their assignments. It is important they use this time wisely.
- Assignments: Students are responsible for completing all assignments on time. If they need extra time on an assignment, please communicate with me. Late work or incomplete assignments are worth half points. Final due date for late work including quiz retakes is the week before the end of each quarter. The quarterly final due date will be posted in the classroom and on TEAMS.
- AERIES: Students will need to have access to Aeries so they can keep track of their progress in school including making sure they are caught up on assignments and absent work. Parents and Guardians will also need to have access to Aeries to help monitor their student’s progress. Aeries grades and assignments will be updated weekly. If a student, parent or guardian has a question concerning anything posted on Aeries please contact me on TEAMS or Email.
- Microsoft Teams: Math assignments and notes will be posted on Microsoft TEAMS so students, guardians and parents can see what was missed. Science and Core assignments will also be posted on their TEAMS channel.
- Communication and Help: If a student, parent or guardian has questions you can use the chat feature on TEAMS and send me your questions or email me. My responses are quicker using the chat feature and email than phone calls.
- Math Lesson Quizzes: A student can retake any math quiz during the quarter to earn a Math Wizard (85% Mastery and Proficiency) Students might need to retake it multiple times in order to pass the standard. All quizzes are taken during class time. Students can use calculators, math notes, practice examples to help them during the quiz. Students must be able to show their work. The work shown will demonstrate if the student understands the method(s) or processes used to solve the problem.
- Science Topic Tests: Open Note and Book Test students will not be able to retake them since they can use all available resources to aid them on the test.
- Expectations and Behavior:
- Be Ready to learn.
- Be Respectful.
- Be Responsible.
- Please refer to the DRMS website for important information and the online version of the Aviator Student/Parent Handbook: https://www.antiochschools.net/Domain/24
DRMS can also be found on Facebook and Instagram.
- Sturdy back pack
- 3 Ring Binder
- Binder Paper
- Note Book (Math Notes)
- Individual Pencil Sharpener
- Pencils (#2)
- Pencil Pouch or bag
- Red Pens (Correcting Classwork)
- Dry Erase Markers and a Cloth/Sock or Eraser
- Colored Pencils and or markers (Science and Core)
- Water Bottle
- NOTE: Each quarter I will hand out a new syllabus with a list of the Math Lessons and Science Topic we will be covering along with any essential information.
“Look with kindness and you will find wonder.”
“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”
“Talk does not cook rice.” “Think smarter not harder.”
“Take the path less traveled; it will make all the difference.”