Office Hours: Always available via email
Phone: (925) 779-7570 Voicemail: 42819
Degrees and Credential:
B.A. - Therapeutic Recreation - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MPA. - Public Administration - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Single Subject Credential - Physical Education - Chapman University
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Students and Welcome to Mrs. Manuel's Physical Education teacher page. I hope you are staying safe and doing well. At the present time, the Antioch Unified School District is conducting classes through distance learning. This means that students attend their classes over the internet. As the coronavirus situation changes, the district will decide whether to continue distance learning or resume in-person instruction.
While we are doing distance learning, my classes will be conducted using Microsoft Teams. To attend class, you will need to follow the AUSD's instructions for logging into your Mylocker.antiochschools.net. From there, you will be able to click on Teams and see your classes. I will hold regular class meetings through Teams video-conferencing and assign/collect work through Teams. To attend class, open Teams at the appropriate time and you should receive an invitation to join the class meeting. To see your past and current assignments, click on the Assignments tab in Teams. Your Antioch Locker will also give you access to Outlook for e-mail, OneDrive for storing files and Office365. If you need to contact me, you can e-mail me at email@example.com.
I'm so excited to be teaching through Distance Learning. I have been teaching Physical Education for the past 21 years and I am a strong advocate for education and physical fitness. My classes this year are PEI (9th Grade) and PEII (10th Grade). Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is key to a successful life. In my spare time, I love hanging out with my family, working out, watching movies, and relaxing.
The Steps for logging in to Microsoft Teams, titled 'Microsoft Teams Student Log In Steps', have been posted under my class handouts on this web page.
Please also watch the following video(s) Student Access to Mylocker, Microsoft Teams, and Email.
MicroSoft Teams (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyJkAdOfNU)
Any problems please call technical support at 925-779-7676 or email technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Tips for your success:
- Log In On Time for Attendance through Microsoft Teams (mandatory)
- Class Participation through Microsoft Teams (mandatory)
- Warm Up, Stretches, Cardio, Strength Conditioning, Cool Down, Written Reflections, Quizzes/Test through Microsoft Teams(mandatory)
- All assignments will take place through Microsoft Teams.
- There will be fitness logs with instructions and weekly workouts with reflections when assigned (mandatory)
- The fitness logs and reflections are to be submitted through Microsoft teams via your student notebooks.
- Please be sure to read the instructions carefully and submit on time for Gradebook.
- It will be very important for you to stay on top of your daily class assignments and submit them on time.
- Assignments are graded and also posted on AERIES Gradebook as you submit.
Any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
How to open a combination lock
- Turn right three times. Stop at the first number.
- Turn left one full turn passing the first number to stop at the second number.
- Turn right and stop at the third number.
- Pull down hard
The FITNESSGRAM® is composed of the following six fitness areas, with a number of test options provided for most areas:
PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
Abdominal Strength and Endurance
Upper Body Strength and Endurance
- Body Mass Index
Trunk Extensor Strength and Flexibility
Back-Saver Sit and Reach
The FITNESSGRAM® uses objective criteria to evaluate performance for each fitness area (e.g., body composition, abdominal strength, and endurance). The Cooper Institute established these criteria using current research and expert opinions. These criteria represent a level of fitness that offers some protection against the diseases associated with physical inactivity.