Office Hours: Always available via email
Degrees and Credential:
B.A. - Therapeutic Recreation - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MPA. - Public Administration - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Single Subject Credential - Physical Education - Chapman University
Degrees and Certifications:
I hope this email finds you well. Distance Learning at Deer Valley High School will begin for all students on April 7th. I am sending this email to to let you know how it will work for you in my classes. Your assignments will be posted in two places, my DV web page and on Google classroom. The exact same assignments are posted in both places. You can decide which location works best for you. Remember, you can always email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Here is what Distance Learning will look like for my class for the remainder of the school year.
- There is a fitness log with instructions and weekly workouts with reflections
- The fitness logs and reflections can be submitted via email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be sure to read the instructions carefully and submit weekly for Gradebook.
Here is how to log in to Google Classroom:
- Log in to Google using your student account
- Copy and paste this Google link ......
- Once in Google, go to Google classroom and type in this class code ......
- You should then see the assignments: i.e. fitness log, week 1 workout, week 2 workout, workout videos, etc…
It will be very important for you to stay in contact with me weekly via email by notifying me of your fitness workouts. Please follow the instructions for sending me your fitness logs and reflections. I will make note of your graded assignments weekly on AERIES Gradebook as you submit your assignments weekly.
If you do not have access to Google classroom don’t worry, the exact same assignments are also on my DVHS Webpage in the class handout link.
Again, my email is email@example.com if you have any questions.
How to open a combination lock
- Turn right three times. Stop at the first number.
- Turn left one full turn passing the first number to stop at the second number.
- Turn right and stop at the third number.
- Pull down hard
The FITNESSGRAM® is composed of the following six fitness areas, with a number of test options provided for most areas:
PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
Abdominal Strength and Endurance
Upper Body Strength and Endurance
- Body Mass Index
Trunk Extensor Strength and Flexibility
Back-Saver Sit and Reach
The FITNESSGRAM® uses objective criteria to evaluate performance for each fitness area (e.g., body composition, abdominal strength, and endurance). The Cooper Institute established these criteria using current research and expert opinions. These criteria represent a level of fitness that offers some protection against the diseases associated with physical inactivity.