Office Hours: Always available via email
Phone: (925) 779-7570 Voicemail: 42819
Degrees and Credential:
B.A. - Therapeutic Recreation - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MPA. - Public Administration - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Single Subject Credential - Physical Education - Chapman University
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Students and Welcome to Mrs. Manuel's Physical Education teacher page. I hope you are staying safe and doing well.
I'm so excited to be teaching here at Deer Valley High School. I have been teaching Physical Education going on 23 years and I am a strong advocate for education and physical fitness. My classes this year are PE I (9th Grade) and PE II (10th Grade). Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is key to a successful life. In my spare time, I love hanging out with my family, working out, watching movies, and relaxing.
Classroom Tips for your success:
- Being on time for attendance (mandatory)
- Having your class ID on and around your neck during 1st roll call is important and valuable towards classroom points (mandatory)
- Class Participation in Unit activity (mandatory)
- P.E. uniform (black shorts, grey t-shirt, black sweat pants, black sweatshirt) for class daily (mandatory)
- Warm Up, Stretches, Cardio Run, Strength Conditioning, & Cool Down (mandatory)
Any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PE Expectations are also available under handouts here on my teacher page. Please feel free to read over the expectations.
Students are also given a class syllabus/expectations and are asked to review expectations with their parents and a parent signature is required upon completion and returned by the student back to me by their next class period.
The Steps for logging in to Microsoft Teams, titled 'Microsoft Teams Student Log In Steps', have been posted under my class handouts on this web page.
Please also watch the following video(s) Student Access to Mylocker, Microsoft Teams, and Email.
MicroSoft Teams (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyJkAdOfNU)
Any problems please call technical support at 925-779-7676 or email technical support at email@example.com
Important PE Make Up dates:
DVHS Physical Education - Make Ups 2022/2023
1st Quarter - Aug. 30th, Aug. 31st, & Sept. 1st
2nd Quarter - Nov. 8th, Nov. 9th, & Nov. 10th
3rd Quarter - Feb. 7th, Feb. 8th, & Feb. 9th
4th Quarter - May 2nd, May 3rd, & May 4th
1st Quarter - Sept. 27th, Sept. 28th, & Sept. 29th
2nd Quarter - Dec. 13th, Dec. 14th, & Dec. 15th
3rd Quarter - March 14th, March 15th, & March 16th
4th Quarter - May 30th, May 31st, & June 1st
How to open a combination lock
- Turn dial knob to the right three times. Stop at the first number.
- Turn left one full turn passing the second number once and then stopping on the second number.
- Turn right and stop at the third number (do not pass it up).
- Pull down hard
PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
Abdominal Strength and Endurance
Upper Body Strength and Endurance
Back-Saver Sit and Reach