Office Hours: Always available via email
Phone: (925) 779-7570 Voicemail: 42819
Degrees and Credential:
B.A. - Therapeutic Recreation - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
MPA. - Public Administration - Southern University A &M - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Single Subject Credential - Physical Education - Chapman University
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Students and Welcome to Mrs. Manuel's Physical Education teacher page. I hope you are staying safe and doing well. As you are all aware, schools have opened for in-person learning here at Deer Valley High School. This means that students attend their classes on campus and Mask must be worn indoors at all times. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
I'm so excited to be teaching here at Deer Valley High School. I have been teaching Physical Education going on 22 years and I am a strong advocate for education and physical fitness. My classes this year are PEI (9th Grade) and PEII (10th Grade). Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is key to a successful life. In my spare time, I love hanging out with my family, working out, watching movies, and relaxing.
The Steps for logging in to Microsoft Teams, titled 'Microsoft Teams Student Log In Steps', have been posted under my class handouts on this web page.
Please also watch the following video(s) Student Access to Mylocker, Microsoft Teams, and Email.
MicroSoft Teams (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyJkAdOfNU)
Any problems please call technical support at 925-779-7676 or email technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Tips for your success:
- Being on time for attendance (mandatory)
- Having your class ID on and around your nect during 1st roll call is important and valuable towards classroom points (mandatory)
- Class Participation through (mandatory)
- Suited up for class daily (mandatory)
- Warm Up, Stretches, Cardio, Strength Conditioning, & Cool Down (mandatory)
Any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
PE Expectations are also available under handouts here on my teacher page. Please feel free to read over the expectations.
COVID Protocols in PE:
1. Masks must be worn indoors at all time.
2. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
3. Students need to wash their hands whenever possible.
4. Studs should not come to school if they are experiencing COVID symptoms.
5. To th ebest of their abilities, studens must socially distance themselves in the locker rooms.
Important PE Make Up dates:
DVHS Physical Education - Make Ups 2021/2022
1st Quarter - Aug. 31st, Sept. 1st, & Sept. 2nd
2nd Quarter - Nov. 2nd, Nov. 3rd, & Nov. 4th
3rd Quarter - Feb. 1st, Feb. 2nd, & Feb. 3rd
4th Quarter - April 26th, April 27th, & April 28th
1st Quarter - Sept. 28th, Sept. 29th, & Sept. 30th
2nd Quarter - Dec. 17th, Dec. 8th, & Dec. 9th
3rd Quarter - March 8th, March 9th, & March 10th
4th Quarter - May 31st, June 1st, & June 2nd
How to open a combination lock
- Turn dial knob to the right three times. Stop at the first number.
- Turn left one full turn passing the first number to stop at the second number.
- Turn right and stop at the third number.
- Pull down hard
PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
Abdominal Strength and Endurance
Upper Body Strength and Endurance
Back-Saver Sit and Reach