Dear Parents and Students, I am working on uploading resources for distance learning on these pages. Thank you for your patience with me as I try to sort things out. Also please check your Aeries email.
Thank you, Ms. Martinez
Phone: 925-779-7540 ext. 26025
Degrees and Certifications:
- I grew up in Southern California and have been interested in Marine Biology since a very young age.
- I attended UC San Diego for college.
- I have been living in the Bay Area since 2003.
- I have graduate degrees from UC Berkeley in both Biology and Education.
- Previously, I taught at Black Diamond Middle school for three years. This is my 7th year teaching at DLMHS. Therefore, I understand the differences between middle school and high school and the challenging transition that many freshmen face.
About Biology CP
Biology is a yearlong laboratory class that is devoted to the study of living things and their processes. The course provides an opportunity for students to develop scientific processing, investigation and laboratory skills. Students will explore the nature of science, the chemistry of life, cell biology, genetics, and evolution.
It is my goal that even when confronted with perplexing and unknown situations and problems, students are able to use extensive knowledge and skill to create solutions and take actions that further develops their skills and knowledge.