Distance Learning Plan – Ms. Palmer
I will continue to post assignments on my webpage at the Orchard Park School website. At the beginning of each week, I will post the assignments for that week. Some assignments may take longer than a week, such as a PEARSON essay. I will respond to your comments and questions in the Pearson site on your assignment page. If you have not listed comments before, try it! Paper assignments will not be collected at the school. Just take a picture of it and email to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
English 4 hours per week
- Complete the assignments on my website: https://www.antiochschools.net/Page/9498 Paper assignments will be uploaded and can be printed at home. You can submit paper assignments by taking a photo and emailing them to me using your phone camera. Be sure to put your name on them!
- Complete weekly i-Ready goal of at least 40 minutes in reading https://login.i-ready.com/
- Complete assignments on pearsonrealize.com as they appear under your Class when you log in. I have posted a link under helpful resources which takes you directly to your log in for Pearson. Your username and password are:
- Username – (7 digit student ID) email@example.com@antioch-ca If you do not remember your student ID it is on your AERIES account.
- Password – your last name as it appears in AERIES (If you have more than one last name, you must capitalize the first letter of each name and put the space or the hyphen in between the two names.) Example: Garcia Ramirez (or) Jones-Smith
- Continue working on AR goal, because even if you cannot take tests, you CAN read!
- Complete KHAN Academy assignments listed for Palmer class. khanacademy.org (You log into the same account you use for Mr. Gleason.) If you have not joined my class, our class code is: HNVG7GJX.
History 4 hours per week
- Complete the assignments on my website: https://www.antiochschools.net/Page/9498 Paper assignments will be uploaded and can be printed at home.
- I will provide links for websites such as khanacademy.org if I assign any web based work.
I will continue to update AERIES so that you can track your progress. However, letter grades will be turned off for Trimester 3. On the “Classroom Policies and Handouts” portion of my webpage, you can find the grading scale if you would like to know what your grade would be.
I will be available through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) during office hours (M-F) starting Tuesday, 4/7/2020, from 10:00am to 11:00AM. Also, feel free to email me if you have questions outside of office hours, and I will respond as quickly as possible.
**The information given here is subject to revision and any updates will be posted online.
There are no upcoming events to display.
Phone: 925-779-7445 extension 40332
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies - Cal State Hayward. Multiple Subject teaching Credential - Holy Names University, 1990.
Ms. Shannon Palmer
I graduated from Cal State Hayward with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies. I earned my multiple subject teaching credential at Holy Names University in 1990, and began my teaching career in Oakland Public Schools, teaching a kindergarten, followed by, a 3rd/4th grade Vietnamese combo class. I have been teaching in the Antioch School District since 1991, and have taught both elementary and middle school grades, including special day class and English Language Development. I also have teaching credentials in both English and history. I have been here at Orchard Park School since we opened. It is a great privilege to work with our remarkable staff and students here at OPS!