Degrees and Certifications:
Mno Grant Kindergarten
Welcome to the Blackboard site of Mrs. Kelley!
I am so excited to be your child's teacher this year and am incredibly thankful to Mrs. Rotman for taking over while I was on medical leave. My philosophy is that every child can learn, and my goal is to make the rest of this year educational and fun despite the challenges we are currently facing. I firmly believe in the power of communication and look forward to working together to ensure your child's success in kindergarten.
You will find that some assignments and/or links may come from Mrs. Henley's site. (I've had the fortune of working with Mrs. Henley for 21 years!) Please be sure to browse, search, and comment on Mrs. Henley's site as well as mine. The link below will take you directly to her page.
Dinner Table Topics
- Math: How long does it take to freeze otter pops? (Feels like FOREVER) How long does it take to eat a popsicle?
- Language: How many words can you make out of: SUMMER VACATION? sun, tan, team... Write it down somewhere and work on it all summer!
- Social Studies: Keep track of all of the mountians, camp sites, lakes, rivers, reservoirs you visit this summer. Which was the hottest? Which was the most crowded?
- Science: How hot is it today? If you don't have a thermometer, have someone show you how to check it online.
- Health: Are you getting more or less sleep during summer than you did during the school year?
- Social Justice: What did you do today that made someone else's life better, easier or made them feel supported?