Prospects High School is an alternative high school in the Antioch Unified School District. Prospects serves students in grades 9 through 14, ages 14-21. The purpose of Prospects is to provide students an alternative opportunity to improve their academic skills as they work toward graduating with their class. A high school diploma may be earned by meeting the Antioch Unified School District's 220 credit requirement.
What Does Prospects’ Independent Study (IS) Look Like?
All students must meet with their IS teacher one time weekly for 1-2 hours on a specific day and time.
All students must spend between 20 and 30 hours a week completing their homework at home.
Most students need to attend at additional times for…
- Algebra or other Math Class
- Art Lab
- Biology Lab
- Collaboratory (study hall-this can be used as a place to complete some of their 20-30 hours of homework with a teacher present in case they need help.)
- State Mandated Testing (9th, 11th and 12th graders in the Spring)
Some students may choose to attend other optional opportunities such as…
- Leadership Class
- Culinary Internship (with parent permission AND approval of administration)
- Articulated College and Career Class
- Dual Enrollment Spanish Class
- Concurrently enroll in LMC classes to earn 3.3 credits of electives on your high school transcript for every 1 unit at LMC (i.e., 3 unit LMC course = 10 elective credits at PHS)
Our vision is to provide a safe environment and nurturing community where learners grow in knowledge, confidence, and independence.
It is Prospects High Schools’ mission to provide students with the values, skills, and knowledge necessary to ensure lifelong learning, strong self-esteem, and responsible citizenship.
- We believe that all students can learn
- We believe that every student deserves opportunities to succeed
- We believe that honoring diversity strengthens us
- We believe academic success is the only option
Prospects High School
820 West 2nd Street
Antioch, CA 94509