We hope you and your family are staying healthy during this challenging time. As you are aware, our schools are currently closed due to the COVID-19 shelter-in-place. Distance learning occurs when the student and instructor are in different locations. Although distance learning does not completely replace or replicate the physical in-school environment, we plan to utilize digital and non-digital instruction to maintain learning in the interim.
- Your child’s teacher will create learning experiences that seek to provide a maintenance of learning.
- Printed materials will be provided for students who do not have access to technology.
- Your teachers will have daily virtual office hours to communicate directly with students and families.
- Teachers will also be reaching out to students who have not engaged in learning to offer support and guidence.
- Your child’s school will communicate and post specific distance learning plans on their websites each week.
Student Feedback and Grading
- Teachers will provide feedback to high school students on work submitted and keep track of completed assignments for 3rd trimester and 4th quarter grading purposes.
- Grading will not apply to K-8 students, only documentation of work completed.
- UC, CSU and most private colleges recently announced that students will be held harmless for this quarter up until the year 2023 so even freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will not be affected.
- Seniors and other high school students will receive a grade of Pass or No Mark. No Mark does not affect a student's GPA.
Must make an appointment!
Students attending one of the Community Eligible Provision (CEP) sites or who are directly certified for FRPM based on CalFresh/Medi-Cal/Foster Care status will receive the card automatically.