Phone: 925-289-8806 cell
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Orchard Park Families.
Please reach out at any time should you need support. You can contact me by phone, text, or email.
Temporary Phone: 925-289-8806 cell
Office Hours: M - F 10:00-12:00 (appointments can be made outside of office hours)
What does a School Counselor do?
- Teaches classroom guidance lessons to entire school
- Conducts small groups based on the needs of the students
- Provides crisis counseling to those with an immediate need
- Provides community referrals to parents that are interested in seeking therapy for students needing ongoing counseling
- Provide support for school staff by assisting in parent conferences and checking in with students individually
- Provide support, education and resources for parents on a variety of topics
The school counseling program is based upon a comprehensive model that provides services to students, parents, and school staff in the following areas:
- School Guidance Curriculum
- Structured research-supported lessons designed to support the students’ in all aspects of their lives including personal/social development, career exploration, and academic success
- Provides students with knowledge and/or skills appropriate to their developmental level
- Individual Student Planning
- Guidance, support, and activities designed to help students establish personal goals and develop future plans
- Responsive Services
- Preventive activities and/or crisis counseling that meets students’ immediate needs in order to support academic success
- System Support
- Professional development, consultation, collaboration, program management and operation