Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Kathy Calhoun
About your School Counselor
Kathy Calhoun is a mother to three awesome kids. She earned a Master’s Degree in School Counseling, has a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and a PPS (Pupil Personnel Services Crediential) from Cal State University at Northridge.
For four years she has helped supports the social emotional and academic needs of all Marsh Elementary families, students and staff.
This is done in many creative ways to inspire and celebrate student growth:
- Promote Social Emotional Awareness through Anti-bullying campaign, Random Acts of Kindness, and more
- Embrace cultural diversity through art and celebration
- Collaborate with families to increase attendance and reduce absenteeism
- Teach effective coping skills through toolbox, positive mindful strategies, and restorative justice
- Promote life long learning through college and career interests
- Participate/Attend home visits, 504 & IEP meetings
- Connect families to community agencies to further assist our student’s needs
- Engage parent involvement on campus through volunteerism
- Listen & care for student needs, and more
School Counselors are NOT…
A Social Worker
Hello Marsh Tigers, Thank you for checking out my counseling webpage.
This is how you can get a hold of me for the rest of the 2019-2020 academic year.
Phone: 925-384-0625 (You can text and/or leave a voice mail at this number)
Follow Marsh on Instragram and Facebook