Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in School Counseling Pupil Personnel Credential Bachelors in Psychology
Mrs. Kathy Calhoun
What a time in history we are all sharing together. Change can be new and exciting, as well as stressfully overwhelming. My role as a School Counselor gifts me the ability to support your child's voice and vision. I love being able to provide a safe space for students to express themselves and be heard. It is powerful to watch students grow during group, demonstrate empathy, and learn from one another. I have to admit, I love all of the unpredictable conversations and situations I encounter each day. So lucky to be around amazing young minds.
About your School Counselor
Kathy Calhoun is a mother to three awesome kids. She earned a Master’s Degree in School Counseling, has a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, and a PPS (Pupil Personnel Services Crediential) from Cal State University at Northridge. For six years she has helped supports the social emotional and academic needs of all Marsh Elementary families, students and staff.
This is done in many creative ways to inspire and celebrate student growth:
- Promote Social Emotional Awareness through Anti-bullying campaign, Random Acts of Kindness, and more
- Embrace cultural diversity through art and celebration
- Collaborate with families to increase attendance and reduce absenteeism
- Teach effective coping skills through toolbox, positive mindful strategies, and restorative justice
- Promote life long learning through college and career interests
- Participate/Attend home visits, 504 & IEP meetings
- Connect families to community agencies to further assist our student’s needs
- Engage parent involvement on campus through volunteerism
- Listen & care for student needs, and more
School Counselors are NOT…
A Social Worker
Hello Marsh Tigers, Thank you for checking out my counseling webpage.
Use the information below to contact me.
Phone: 925-384-0625 (You can text and/or leave a voice mail at this number)
*Follow Marsh on Instragram and Facebook