AUSD is pleased to announce the grand opening of the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy. The Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy is an alternative school of choice open to all K-8 students in AUSD who thrive in a virtual learning environment, are independent and self-motivated, would like to accelerate their learning, and/or need a flexible learning option. The Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy promotes student voice and choice, student goal setting and monitoring, critical thinking, community, and collaboration.
Thomas Gaines’ Virtual Instructional Program
- Core content instruction (English Language Arts/English Language Development, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education)
- Standards mastery based learning
- Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Digital Citizenship
Thomas Gaines’ Virtual Instructional Components
- Live daily instruction
- Learning and social emotional supports
- Collaboration with peers
- Individual and group assignments
- Voluntary in-person activities
How to Enroll Current AUSD Students in the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy
- Parents will complete the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy registration form to enroll their child.
- Registration forms can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
- Completed forms can be dropped off at the current school or the Centralized Enrollment Office.
How to Enroll New AUSD Students in the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy
- For a new AUSD student not currently registered for the 2021-22 school year, please enroll your student online by completing new enrollment here, and submit the required documents to the Centralized Enrollment Office.
- Once the enrollment process is completed, submit the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy registration form to the Centralized Enrollment Office.