AUSD is pleased to announce the grand opening of the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy. The Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy is an alternative school of choice open to all K-8 students in AUSD who thrive in a virtual learning environment, are independent and self-motivated, would like to accelerate their learning, and/or need a flexible learning option. The Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy promotes student voice and choice, student goal setting and monitoring, critical thinking, community, and collaboration.
Thomas Gaines’ Virtual Instructional Program
- Core content instruction (English Language Arts/English Language Development, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education)
- Standards mastery based learning
- Project Based Learning (PBL)
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Digital Citizenship
Thomas Gaines’ Virtual Instructional Components
- Live daily instruction
- Learning and social emotional supports
- Collaboration with peers
- Individual and group assignments
- Voluntary in-person activities
How to Enroll Current AUSD Students in the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy
- Notify the office of the school your student attends.
- Your school will check for space available.
- Your school will notify TGVA when your student is dropped and can be added to TGVA .
- Once a start date is confirmed, you will be notified by TGVA via email.
How to Enroll New AUSD Students in the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy
- For a new AUSD student not currently registered for the 2022-23 school year, please enroll your student online by completing new enrollment here, and submit the required documents to the Centralized Enrollment Office.
- Once the enrollment process is completed, submit the Thomas Gaines Virtual Academy registration form to the Centralized Enrollment Office.