Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Alyssia Alvarez
Welcome to First Grade!
I am excited to be your child’s teacher this year! I have so many exciting activities and themes planned for this year, and I cannot wait to get started. This will be my first year teaching at Lone Tree Elementary and I am thrilled to be a part of this community.
The minds of children and adolescents are like a treasure that only some care to seek out and spend their lives looking to impact. Growing up I was constantly influenced by more than just educators, but every extracurricular activity I was fortunate enough to participate in. School, Girl Scouts, 4-H, and sports all played a part in my own personal upbringing. Providing that positive influence is essential to the hearts and minds of the generations that will one day take our place. The mind of a child is precious. The world is new to them, they are having basic “firsts” in life. And while the world may be familiar to an adult, children help us rediscover the best things in it.
My love for learning is what makes me passionate about teaching. I look forward to bringing a positive and fun environment to the classroom and working with you all!
To help support your student’s success here is the list of supplies needed:
- Backpack (please put name on item)
- Water bottle (please put name on item)
- (2) 12 Packs of Ticonderoga #2 pencils
- (1) 25 Count of Pencil Top Erasers
- (1) 6 Pack of white glue sticks
- 1 small (8 oz.) bottle of Elmer’s white glue
- (1) 24 Count of Crayola Crayons (please no Rose Art or Crazy Art)
- (1) 10 Count of broad & fine line Crayola Markers
- (1) 12 Count of Crayola Colored Pencils
- (1) Pack of Expo white board Markers
There are some items that are always appreciated. We would be very grateful if you could donate any of the following items anytime throughout the school year:
- (1) Ream of White Copy Paper
- (2) Packs of Puff Facial Tissue
- Disinfecting Wipes (Bleach Free)
- Hand Sanitizer (Unscented)
- Ziplock bags- gallon and sandwich size
- Child sized disposable masks
- Books for classroom library (used or new)
If you have any questions about the upcoming year, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Thank you and I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!