To Report an Absence, call:
Absences need to be “excused” within 24 hours of student’s absence. Please provide medical/dentist notes when your student is absent for an appointment during school hours. Excused absences include: health reasons, a family emergency and justifiable personal reasons, as permitted by law, Board policy, and Administration rules.
- Parents/Guardians are encouraged to schedule medical appointments during non-school hours whenever possible.
- Attending funeral services for students’ immediate family shall not exceed more than 1 day for services conducted in California and no more than 3 days if service is conducted outside of California.
- Justifiable personal reasons include: court appearance, incarceration, religious holiday observance, family emergency, SARB appearance or an absence requested in writing by a parent/guardian authorized by school authorities prior to date of absence.
- Methods to verify absences: written note, fax or email from parent/guardian, message on absence line or in person.
- Homework requests can be made only after a student is absent 3 consecutive days with an excused absence. However, assignments are always on the AERIES portal for those of you that signed up for access.