Thank you for your interest in employment with Antioch Unified School District. All applicants must complete an AUSD Classified Application. You may complete your application online at Edjoin https://www.edjoin.org/antiochunified, or print the Classified Application in Adobe Acrobat PDF format, or apply in person at 510 G Street, Antioch. Our office hours are 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
We Are Accepting Applications For The Following Positions:
Classification: School Administrative Assistant - High School Vice Principal
Recruitment: Promotional & Open to the Public
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
Apply on Ed Join: www.edjoin.org
All successful candidates must take and pass an examination conducted by the Personnel Commission Staff, show proof of a negative TB test, pass a fingerprint criminal background check through the Department of Justice, provide evidence of ability to legally work in the United States, and attend a new hire orientation. Some job classifications require passing a strength test.
- Promotional Only: Restricted to probationary and permanent current employees of AUSD and former employees on a valid reemployment list who meet the qualifications of the class.
- Promotional / Open: The Promotional Only group as stated above as well as the general public may apply. The promotional side of the Eligibility list shall take precedence when certifying eligible candidates.
- Promotional / Open Merged: The Promotional Group as stated above as well as the general public may apply. Those eligible will be merged and promotional candidates will not have precedence over the general public.
Antioch Unified School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Antioch Unified School Distict (AUSD) is committed to ensuring equal, fair, and meaningful access to employment and education services. AUSD prohibits discrimination, intimidation, harassent, and bullying in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of actual or perceived age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital, family or parental status, medical condition, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy and related conditions, race, religion, retaliation, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veterans' status, or associaton with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other basis prohibited by California state and federal non-discrimination laws respectively. Not all bases of discrimination will apply to both educational services and employment. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination and civil rights should be directed to the District's Title IX Coordinator: Christine Ibarra, Associate Superintendent, Educational Services 510 G Street Antioch, Ca. 94509. 925-779-7500 or by email at ChristineIbarra@antiochschools.net
TIPS ON COMPLETING AN APPLICATION
- To pass the paper screening process you must submit a quality application. Relevant and complete.
- Write neatly or type your application.
- Do not leave any blank fields on your application. If a field does not apply to you, write "N/A" (not applicable).
- Fully complete and detail your experience even if you are a former employee, current employee or a substitute employee. The Human Resources staff screens applications based on the information on each application. They cannot assume any information, even if they may know you.
- Market yourself for the job, while being truthful.
- The application should be tailored and relevant to the job -for example if it is a Nutrition Service job, detail your food service experience. If it is a clerical job, be sure to detail your clerical experience.
- Remember, your application is your first impression. Proof read your application for spelling, required signatures, neatness and blanks.