LOHS Report an Absence
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE:
Direct attendance line is 779-7624, or the office at 779-7440 ext. 15070.
Leave a message including: your name, student’s name, date and time of absence, reason for absence and a telephone number where you can be reached.
Administrative Assistant - 779-7440 ext. 15099.
When you are absent from school, the following is required:
- A Parent/Guardian must call the school on the day the student is absent or within 72 hours. You may leave a voice message on the absence line 24 hours a day including weekends. Make sure to speak slowly and clearly stating the student’s first and last name, reason for the absence, your name, your relation to the student and your phone number. Office staff will be able to take your call between 7:30am-4:00pm.
- If we do not receive a phone call from the student’s parent/guardian, a note is expected on the next day of the absence. If the absence is not excused the student may not make up the class work. If the absence is excused, the student must make an appointment with the teacher to make up any missed assignments. Any unexcused absence will result in a loss of productive hours.
- State approved reasons for absences are: Illness, medical appointments, quarantine, court appearance, or death of an immediate family member (parent, sibling or grandparents). Tardies are not excused unless written documentation from a doctor or court paperwork is received in the office.
- When a student has 5 or more excused absences, a doctor’s note is required to excuse further absences otherwise the absence is unexcused and the student is considered truant.
- Parents/Guardians will be notified if their student becomes ill at school and needs to go home. Students must check out through the office and be given an off-campus pass after authorization is given by either the parent/guardian or emergency contact, if the parent is unavailable, even if the student is 18 years or older.
- Once a student has entered the Live Oak campus, they cannot leave campus until their day is done. If a student leaves campus without permission, it is considered a cut and loss of productive hours for the remainder of the day.
Tardy means a student is late if he/she is not in their seat at the start of class.
Students are allowed to go to class and make up minutes missed if they are late 15 minutes or less.
4th Tardy: This is the LAST tardy a student will be allowed to make up minutes in order to earn their productive hour.
5th and all Tardies Thereafter: The student will lose the productive hour. The student will be allowed to remain in class in order to keep up with their class-work/grade.
- Any student that is 15 or more minutes late cannot attend that class, and will automatically lose their productive hour.
Please note: There are NO excused tardies unless we receive a note from your doctor or dentist. Unexcused tardies are: Car trouble, waking up late, taking siblings to school, missed the bus…etc.