Accepting Applications for AUSD Personnel Commissioner
Announcement of Personnel Commissioner Vacancy
SALARY: $50 Monthly Stipend
($50/Personnel Commission meeting, not to exceed $250/Month)
ANNOUNCEMENT OPENING DATE: 9/20/2022
ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSING DATE: 10/6/2022
The Antioch Unified School District (AUSD) is seeking applications for an appointment to a seat on the Personnel Commission. The Personnel Commission is the public body responsible for the administration of the AUSD Merit System, a civil service system for classified employees (non-teaching staff). The Commission consists of three members – one appointed by the AUSD Board of Education, one appointed by CSEA (Classified Employee Union), and a third (Joint Appointee) selected by the other two Commissioners. The current vacancy is to fulfill the completion of the three-year term of the Joint Appointee Seat. (12/1/22 – 12/1/24)
Regular Commission meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 4:45 p.m. All meetings are open to the public, administrative officials, and representatives of employee organizations.
The primary function of the Personnel Commission is to develop and maintain a thorough- ongoing merit system for the classified employees of the school system and to foster the advancement of a career service for such employees. Authority for this function is provided by the Education Code of the State of California contained in Section 45240 to 45320, inclusive.
Responsibilities of the Personnel Commission:
- Ensure that Classified employees receive fair and equitable treatment;
- Represent the public's interest by providing a personnel system dedicated to hiring and retaining the best-qualified employees;
- Work in cooperation with the District administration, the employees and their exclusive union representative regarding the administration of the Merit System.
To be eligible for appointment to the Commission, a person:
- Must be a registered voter and resident within the boundaries of the territorial jurisdiction of Antioch Unified School District; and
- Must be a known adherent to the principle of the Merit System who supports the concepts of employment, the continuance of employment and other related matters on the basis of merit and fitness.
The Board of Education Appointee and the CSEA Appointee will review all applications, conduct interviews in open session and make the appointment. Those candidates who submitted a complete application and possess the position requirements will be invited for an interview with the Antioch Unified School District Personnel Commission at its public meeting scheduled on Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY:
This position is open for applications through Thursday, October 6, 2022, at noon. An application, resume and letter of interest must be received by the deadline. Please submit application packet materials to:
- ONLINE: Complete the application and submit with a resume and letter of interest to TerriCanada@AntiochSchools.net
- IN-PERSON: Complete the application (or pick up a packet) and mail or bring to the Classified Human Resources Office, 510 G Street, Antioch, CA 94509.
APPLICATION PACKET DUE Thursday, October 6, 2022, AT NOON