8th Grade Promotion Ceremony
The Antioch Unified School District is proud to announce that In-Person promotion and graduation ceremonies will be held in June. As principal of Park Middle School, I would like to inform you that our promotion ceremony will occur on Wednesday, June 16th at Antioch High School beginning at 10:00 AM. Based on recommended CDPH health and safety guidelines, I would like to provide you with some important information about the event:
- Stadium capacity is limited. Therefore, 8th grade students will be given maximum of four tickets per family.
- Attendees are encouraged to arrive no more than one hour in advance of the ceremony to allow for temperature screening. Social distancing will be enforced while entering the stadium.
- Field access is not allowed. Parents and family members are restricted to the grandstands. Please follow instructions from hosts and ushers to ensure a safe, positive experience for everyone. Space is available for disabled/handicap persons.
- Families can sit together in the grandstands, but will be expected to wear masks and socially distance themselves from other guests at least 6 feet at all times.
- A photographer will be taking a picture of your graduate after receiving his/her certificate. A designated area for picture taking will be made available for families at the end of the ceremony.
- If you are feeling ill, have symptoms of COVID - 19, or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected case of COVID – 19, please do not attend the event.
Our school is in the process of planning for this special occasion. More details will be provided pertaining to related activities. We will be hosting a virtual class meeting to communicate expectations for the event. We look forward celebrating the accomplishments and achievements of the Class of 2021 with your family. We wish your promoting 8th grade student continued success in high school and their future endeavors.
Principal, Park Middle School