Return to Headlines

Important Updates Regarding 2020-2021 High School Grades

AUSD News – Important Updates Regarding 2020-2021 High School Grades

On July 1, 2021, Governor Newsom signed Assembly Bill 104 (AB104) into law and AUSD would like to provide you with important information on how this legislation may relate to your student. 

Changing Letter Grades to Pass/No Pass

Per AB104, parents/guardians of students who were enrolled in high school during the 2020-21 school year may request to have a letter grade earned for a course changed to a Pass or No Pass on the student's transcript. 

An official form to submit a grade change for Pass/No Pass is available HERE.  Per Assembly Bill 167 (AB167), parents/guardians or students 18 years or older can submit the grade change request form at any time.

Submission options:

  1. Email the completed form to the email address below or mail their completed forms to 
  2. Mail the completed form to:

                                Antioch Unified School District
                                Attn:  Transcripts, Centralized Enrollment
                                510 G Street, Antioch, CA 94509

  1. Hand deliver the completed form to the Front Desk at 510 G Street, Antioch, CA 94509

If a request for a grade change is not submitted, the letter grades earned in the 2020-2021 school year shall remain on the student’s transcript. 

  • The course requested for a Pass/No Pass must have been taken during the 2020-21 school year. There is no restriction on the number or type of courses or which letter grades can be changed. 
  • The change cannot negatively impact a student's GPA. When an “F” is converted to a “No Pass,” the zero credits are no longer factored into the GPA. Similarly, changing a “D” or even a “C” letter grade to a “Pass” will likely increase a student’s GPA, depending on the GPA the student had prior to the grade change. No grade changes will be made that lower a student’s GPA.

Once a form is received by AUSD, the District then has 15 days to make the change on the student’s transcript and notify the family. 

Postsecondary Educational Institutions (Colleges) Accepting Pass/No Pass

Below, is a list of postsecondary educational institutions in the state of California that have confirmed with the California Department of Education will accept a Pass/No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.  Please note that some postsecondary educational institutions (colleges), including those in other states, may not accept a Pass/No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes. 

  • California State University, Bakersfield
  • California State University Channel Islands
  • California State University, Chico
  • California State University, Dominguez Hills
  • California State University, East Bay
  • California State University, Fresno
  • California State University, Fullerton
  • Humboldt State University
  • California State University, Long Beach
  • California State University, Los Angeles
  • California State University Maritime Academy
  • California State University, Monterey Bay
  • California State University, Northridge
  • California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
  • California State University, Sacramento
  • California State University, San Bernardino
  • San Diego State University
  • San Francisco State University
  • San José State University
  • California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
  • California State University San Marcos
  • Sonoma State University
  • California State University, Stanislaus
  • Saint Mary's College of California
  • Holy Names University
  • Pitzer College
  • University of La Verne
  • Westmont College
  • Santa Clara University
  • University of Saint Katherine
  • University of Southern California
  • Art Center College of Design
  • California Baptist University
  • University of San Francisco
  • La Sierra University
  • University of California
  • Mount Saint Mary's University


If you have any questions, please fill in this Grade Change Questions Form. An AUSD staff member will contact you within two (2) business days upon receiving your AB 104 Question Form. You may also contact your student’s school administrator(s) with any questions about AB 104.