Student Support Services is committed to providing safe learning environments for all students. Using a three-tiered approach, the department supports schools in obtaining high academic achievement, providing professional development for staff, and developing prevention and intervention strategies for students. This is accomplished by building partnerships with community and local agencies effectively to create a positive school climate and high academic achievement.
- Alternative Education Placement
- Foster Youth
- Health Screening
- Panels (SARB, Discipline, Attendance, Youth Intervention, Expulsion)
- Positive Behavior and Intervention Supports
Inter-District Transfer Request Form
All inter-district transfers into and out of Antioch USD are reviewed and approved by the Director of Student Support Services. Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming school year.
Bullying Information and Resources
Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school-aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally and excluding someone from a group on purpose.
Resources available to students, families and teachers:
- Contra Costa County Office of Education Resource Page
- Stop Bullying Now
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Common Sense Media's Cyberbullying Toolkit
McKinney Vento - Homeless Education
Students are guaranteed enrollment in school by the federal McKinney Vento Act and California State law if they live:
- In a shelter (family, domestic violence, or youth shelter or transitional living program)
- In a motel, hotel, or weekly rate housing
- In a house or apartment with more than one family because of economic hardship or loss
- In an abandoned building, a car, at a campground, or on the street
- With friends or family because you are a runaway or an unaccompanied youth
- In substandard housing (without electricity, water or heat)
For more information please contact Lisa Perry at 779-7500 x53402.